When I graduated from undergrad (many years ago might I add …), I had two primary goals.
So, I went to visit the career center (sounding familiar …) How did your career center advise you?
- Dress in a navy blue skirt-suit.
- Carry a briefcase.
- Wear nude stockings.
- Put on a pair of black 1 inch pumps.
- Cross your legs at the ankle, when sitting.
- Look the interviewer in the eye (so they won’t think you are lying).
- Bring 3 copies of your resume (1 page only!).
I could go on … What advice did your career center give you when you graduated from undergrad?
Well … much of this advice is no longer relevant.
Even the First Lady of our county no longer wears nude stockings!
So, what are the “New Rules?” What is your branded image (online & in person)? How do you create a professional competitive edge during interviews? Could you benefit from professional coaching? To request information about coaching services click HERE.
Want to connect with Dr. Gia? Click HERE!